Monday, May 13, 2013

Lilita Likes

 Lightly sweet and refreshing - House Kombucha - Hibiscus Sunrise (Oakland, CA)

In the Bay Area, there's no shortage of local, artisan food. We seem to take a lot of pride in supporting local businesses and farms, while we reap the rewards of getting food that is fresh and close to the source (not to mention, minimizing our carbon footprint). It's a win-win. When I grocery shop, I work like a detective - scrutinizing food labels for what ingredients are used, whether they're organic and where it's made. Every now and then, I stumble upon a true gem and find myself becoming an evangelist. Since I get no greater joy than sharing great food with the people I love, "Lilita Likes" will become a reoccurring feature on the blog. I hope you enjoy this week's finds.

So good, I tried to create my own...and failed miserably - Grindstone Bakery Dark Chocolate GF Cookie (Rohnert Park, CA)

Puts other nut butters to shame - Riverview Orchard Organic Almond Hazelnut Butter (Orland, CA)

No comments:

Post a Comment